- Establish that it’s not going to go anywhere. If you think it is, then make a move.
- Establish what would happen if it did work out. Are you in the right mindset and time to date?
- You’re building him/her up to be greater than he/she actually is, just take a step back and assess what’s fact and what’s day dream.
- Get your head out of the romance novels and smell the roses! (This one is tricky)
- Focus on your future. Does it really involve him/her?
- Why do you like him/her anyway? Are you lonely? Are you just realizing what you want in a significant other?